Who said it: Andrew W.K. or William Shatner?
Party-obsessed rocker Andrew W.K. and bargain-obsessed actor William Shatner are both going to be in Denver on the same night, March 20. Let that soak into your cerebellum for a second. Do you drop acid and let James motherfucking Kirk expand your mind? Or do you soak your noggin in so much beer and positive vibes that you wake up with a joy hangover after WK?
W.K. will be at the Bluebird Theater ringing in the tenth anniversary of his landmark I Get Wet album, while T.J. Hooker will be three miles away at the Buell Theatre, bringing you into "Shatner's World."
Both men are known for saying some strange things, so we thought it'd be fun to play a little game of match the quote to the speaker. Below are fifteen quotes said by either Andrew W.K or William Shatner.
Note: These are all quotations from the men in interviews or on Twitter, etc. Nothing below is from album lyrics or TV scripts. Research and quotation hunting by Westword intern Claire Delahorne; you'll find the answers on page two.
1. "Babies have big heads and big eyes, and tiny little bodies with tiny little arms and legs. So did the aliens at Roswell! I rest my case."
2. "I've got rock and roll in my blood."
3. "On a case-by-case, situation-by-situation, I do really love grocery shopping. Especially with someone else there."
4. "A great event is also just waking up every day and not being dead."
5. "How do I stay so healthy and boyishly handsome? It's simple. I drink the blood of young runaways."
6. "I have an infinite supply of the infinite. There are no uncharted horizons. There are no unmapped territories in the future."
7. "What's wrong with trying to get famous? It's a side effect of performing."
8. "In the world we inhabit, having one hit is a lot better than having no hits."
9. "I think J.S. Bach's music stands among humankind's greatest accomplishments. For me, Bach's music is not only as good as music gets, but also as good as it gets, period -- as good as existence, reality, life and the world."
10. "No, I don't regret anything at this point. That may change on the next phone call, but at the moment I don't regret anything."
11. "At least once in their life, every man should feel what it's like to wear high heels."
12. "I also derive a lot of pleasure from horses and dogs...the ocean...and love."
13. "Think how awesome it would be if you gave someone a surprise pair of socks today!"
14. "If you make a fool of yourself, you can do it with dignity, without taking your pants down. And if you do take your pants down, you can still do it with dignity."
15. "I'm looking for the perfect paintball movie."
The answers are on Page 2.