Music Showcase VIP Contest: Calling all robots!
There's something about a dancing robot that cuts right through our collective cynicism and makes us laugh. The costume made from a refrigerator box, some tin foil and a few cans of spray paint, with arms made from dryer ventilation tubes. But while making a robot costume is easy to learn, it's difficult to master. That's where you come in.
Can you build this? Can you be this? Can you dance while wearing it? If so, enter our contest and become a VIR (Very Important Robot).
In honor of the amp-bot, this year's official Westword Music Showcase mascot (seen above), we're asking you to bring us your best robot. It can be a costume or an actual robot, if you're so inclined. (We're leaving this all pretty open to see what you've got.) We'll give the best submission some prime real estate in our art pavilion, where the 15,000 or so Westword Music Showcase attendees can check out your winning submission or costume.
You'll also win:
- Two VIP tickets
- Two tickets to the following awards ceremony
- Two tickets to the Showcase kick-off party (Polish Ambassador performs Friday, June 22 at the Bluebird Theater)
- Westword Music Showcase T-shirts
- And, of course, your winning entry on Westword.com
- You have until June 15 to submit your entry.
- Your entry can be any medium: YouTube video of your costume, your robot, photo of yourself in your costume -- we're leaving it open.
How to Enter:
E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ROBOTS!
To get you in the right frame of mind, we present these three robot-centric videos:
Follow Backbeat on Twitter: @westword_music