Ten things Magic Cyclops is doing to prepare for the US Air Guitar National Finals in Denver
So by now you've probably heard the news: The tenth annual US Air Guitar competition is about to get under way, and the national finals are slated to take place in Denver on Saturday, July 21, at the Bluebird Theater.
Magic will once again try to work his magic this year in the hunt for the US Air Guitar crown.
The culmination of a dozen separate regional events, which kick off on Friday, June 15, in Portland and take place all across the country, the Bluebird finale will determine who moves on to the US Air Guitar World Championship in Oulu, Finland, at the end of August.
This year, the beloved Magic Cyclops will be making yet another run at the crown, and this year, he'll have a distinct advantage. While the other contenders will require untold measures to prepare for the altitude here, Cyclops is already primed, so he's focusing on far more important things, like saying his prayers, brother. Page down to see what else he's doing to get ready.
01. Eating my vitamins.
02. Practicing for one hour a day.
03. Doing finger exercises with my Gripmaster® exercise tool for guitarists.
04. Watching competitors' clips on YouTube.
05. Holding a 2'x4' for thirty minutes a day to keep my thumb straight, so it looks like I'm holding a guitar!
06. Getting backup one-minute song edits of songs ready (just in case).
07. Getting more guitar picks made.
08. Drinking unhealthy amounts of coconut water.
09. Getting plenty of sleep.
10. Saying my prayers, brother.