The ten best concerts this weekend: Sept. 14-16
Paper Diamond's show tonight at the Ogden Theatre with Crizzly and Protohype is just one of this ten best concerts this weekend. See what else is cracking below.
Welcome to the weekend! The weather has finally cooled off a bit, but the shows haven't. Whatever your inclinations are this next couple of days, there are a plethora of options, from Devin Townsend Project tonight at the Summit Music Hall to Deltron 3030 tomorrow night at Cervantes' Masterpiece Ballroom. We of course have all these shows and more listed in our massive concert calendar. Head over there if you're feeling industrious. Or if you'd rather we do the legwork for you, keep reading to get the full rundown of the ten best concerts this weekend.
- The ten best jazz shows in Colorado this month
- Alex Botwin's electronica is a Paper Diamond in the rough
- Del The Funky Homosapien on putting more thought into his Deltron lyrics
- Tyler Despres of Science Partner on how a good melody should be like a nursery rhyme
- David Torn on his textural guitar approach and the need to orchestrate and fill in spaces
10. DAVID TORN @ THE WALNUT ROOM | SAT, 9/15
Known for his innovative, textural approach to guitar playing, David Torn has released a number of albums under his own name and under the Splattercell moniker. He's also used his talents for film scoring and collaborated with a diverse set of artists including David Bowie, Laurie Anderson, Sting and John Legend. Torn's musical palette undoubtedly has many colors, and when describing his forward-thinking trio, Sun of Goldfinger, which also features saxophonist Tim Berne and drummer Ches Smith, he says, "It's three really crazy guys trying to make something simultaneously beautiful and horrific."