The ten best concerts this weekend: Oct. 26-28
Jon Solomon DeVotchKa's annual Halloween fiesta is just one of the weekend's ten best concerts.
Welcome to the weekend, amigos! Ah, yes, we finally made it. Is it just us, or has this seemed like the longest week ever? Ah, maybe it's just the weather. Whatever the case, it's in the rearview now, and it's time to blow off some steam. Drinks are on the horizon and there's a full slate of great music to soundtrack the weekend. There's literally a ton of shows (no, really, we weighed them), and we've got them all listed in our concert calendar. If you don't have that kind of time, of course, we've put together our usual rundown of the weekend's best concerts. Keep reading to see what goodness awaits you.
- Dark Dark Dark's Nona Marie Invie on jumping in the water on tour
- Big Head Todd and the Monsters Rock for Raymond
- DeVotchKa found success by following its own muse
- Meet Reverend Peyton's Big Damn Band
- For punk's Frontside Five, major changes have bred major success
10. REVEREND PEYTON'S BIG DAMN BAND @ MISHAWAKA | FRI, 10/26/12
While Reverend Peyton is a big dude with a booming voice, his band really isn't that big in numbers. There's the Rev himself, who plays a mean slide on his resonator guitar; his wife, Washboard Breezy, who scrapes the hell out of a washboard; and Aaron "Cuz" Persinger chugging away on a stripped-down drum kit. You get these three together, though, and they make some big damn music. Reverend Peyton's Big Damn Band rips through backwoods Mississippi Delta blues with the fervor and the fury of the Ramones, getting crowds stomping and hollering all over the world.