The ten best concerts this weekend: Oct. 19-21
Aaron Thackeray The Deftones at the Fillmore tonight is among our picks for the ten best concerts this weekend.
Ah, yes, welcome to the weekend! And what a glorious weekend it's going to be. Have you seen the forcast? What's more, the Broncos have a bye-week this week, which means there's no reason at not to get out in the sunshine during the day and then treat yourself to some shows at night. As always, we've got all of the shows listed in our concert calendar if you want to get the full view. Otherwise, we've done the heavy lifting for you and picked the best shows this weekend. Keep reading to see our picks for the weekend's ten best concerts.
- The Yawpers' deep thoughts come through on Capon Crusade
- Paper Bird's Esme Patterson there being more to the human experience than love songs
- Marie Litton of PrettyMouth on heartache and hard times giving perspective
- Jacob Bannon on the accessibility of Converge's music: "We're not made for first-level listeners"
10. DARK STAR ORCHESTRA @ BOULDER THEATER | SAT, 10/20/12
Outside of having a really good trip while listening to a bootleg, Dark Star Orchestra is about the closest thing to a Grateful Dead resurrection that most people, apart from fans who lived it the first time around, will ever experience -- aside from, of course, Furthur and the various Dead offshoots. In 1997, the Dark Stars began faithfully re-creating Dead shows and have been lauded for their uncanny doppelgänger abilities ever since.