Last call for Bender's Tavern is tomorrow night
Lest it get lost in all the hubub of Halloween, be advised: Tomorrow night marks a significant and bittersweet moment in the Denver music scene. It's the last call for Bender's Tavern, which is slated to change hands in the next few weeks and become the new home of Quixote's True Blue, which is moving from its current location at 21st and Lawrence.
- Quixote's True Blue slated to move into Bender's Tavern
- The twenty best scenes from Rockbar's last call
- Lancer Lounge's Last Night
- Gabor's will close to make way for a new bar
- Cue the Cricket: One of Denver's most storied stages silenced
Before the signs come down and Bender's becomes a fond memory filed next to other bygone beloved Denver bars like Cricket on the Hill, Gabors, and, more recently, Lancer Lounge and Rockbar, Tony Blank is hosting one final blowout tomorrow night at Bender's in which everybody who's played at the bar's Wednesday Night Originals previously is invited back to play one last time. There's no cover, and Blank says he's expecting at least a half-dozen singer-songwriters to perform. Have a fond memory of Bender's? Feel free to share it below.