The ten best concerts this weekend: Nov. 9-11
Calder's Revolvers tonight at the Summit Music Hall is one of the ten best concerts this weekend.
Welcome to the weekend! You ready to toss a few cold ones back and get a little loose? Thought so. Us, too. As always, there is ton of good music and a wide variety at that to dazzle and delight you this weekend in our fine city. If you're a completist who prefers to craft your own itinerary, we've got all of the shows listed in our comprehensive concert calendar. If, however, you prefer a more curated approach, we've put together a list of the ten best concerts this weekend. Keep reading to see what's in store.
- Oliver Ackermann of A Place to Bury Strangers on creating Total Sonic Annihilation
- The River Drifters have reached the end of their run
- Input on why he finally decided to write about his Columbine experience
- The Yawpers' deep thoughts come through on Capon Crusade
- Calder's Revolvers on how they're a very competitive ping pong club that plays music
- The five best jazz shows in Denver this month
10. BRAD GOODE QUARTET with RON BLAKE @ DAZZLE | FRI, 11/9
Every so often Dazzle pairs great local talent with stellar nationally known players. This time around, outstanding local trumpeter Brad Goode and his group team up with New York-based tenor and soprano sax player Ron Blake, who has a few records under his own name, in addition to having appeared on more than fifty albums with the likes of Roy Hargrove and Art Farmer. On 2008's Shayari, Blake, who is joined by Jack DeJohnette, Christian McBride and Regina Carter, shows the wide-toned saxophonist's range, including lyrical phrasing on ballads to weaving some intricate lines on up-tempo cuts.