The ten best concerts this weekend: Nov. 2-4
Soren McCarty Leonard Cohen at 1STBANK is one of the ten best concerts this weekend.
Welcome to the weekend! We made it. And as we already noted in Dance Card, there's an extra hour for you to enjoy. Depending upon how hard you go, this will either give you more time to imbibe or an extra hour to sleep off the effects of the night before. Whatever the case, there's plenty of quality music to soundtrack your nightlife excursion. As always, if you favor the DIY approach, we've got all of the shows happening this weekend listed in our massive concert calendar. If you'd prefer a more curated experience, we've handpicked the weekend's ten best concerts. Continue on to see what's on tap.
- Win tickets to see Aaron Freeman this weekend
- Gene Ween on Ween's history and playing in Colorado
- Flobots, The Circle in the Square: Jonny 5's track-by-track breakdown of the new album
- Sara Century on Ladybug 2012, this November's Titwrench-style festival in Fort Collins
10. FLOBOTS @ GOTHIC THEATRE | SAT, 11/3/12
After releasing two albums on the Universal Republic, the breakout 2007 debut, Fight With Tools, and its 2010 follow-up, Survival Story, Flobots released a brand new fourteen-track record on Shanachie titled The Circle in the Square. After embarking on an extensive cross-country tour in support of the record -- which Jonny 5 graciously broke down for us track-by-track on the week of its release this past August -- the band returns to the Mile High City for a hometown show tomorrow night at the Gothic Theatre with Astronautalis.