Icelantic's Winter on the Rocks survival guide
Macklemore and Ryan Lewis appeared at Red Rocks once before as direct support for Big Gigantic's sold out "Rowdytown" concert, closing out the 2012 concert season. And now, hot on the heels of its sold out show at the Ogden in December, the industrious indie sensation from Seattle returns to Colorado to headline this second annual edition of Icelantic's Winter on the Rocks.
Major Lazer, who also graced the Red Rocks stage in 2011 at Global Dance Festival, will surely warm things up nicely with fresh reggaeton beats to instigate the most feverish booty dancing. Count on Diplo and his crew to provide the illest of dancehall tunes suitable for a sweaty Jamaican night club but also totally appropriate for the precipitating bodies that will fill the steps of Colorado's most prized venue.
Grouch and Eligh, who also witnessed the mayhem that is Red Rocks' rabid crowd by opening for Pretty Lights last year, will spit original rhymes and undoubtedly pitch nods to their crew, the Living Legends.
Permitted Items (per RedRocksOnline)
- Non-alcoholic beverages in factory sealed and labeled plastic containers
- Coolers 12" x 17" and smaller (must fit under designated seat)
- Cloth bags, soft packs, pillows, back rests, rain coats or ponchos
- Food (fruit or vegetables must be sliced)
- Seat cushions or soft-sided stadium seats
- Umbrellas (as small as possible and without points) - ponchos are much preferred!
- Strollers (folding umbrella style ONLY)
Note: ALL items you bring must be able to fit underneath your seat!
Prohibited Items (per RedRocksOnline)
- Unsealed plastic containers (i.e. water bottles) Thermoses, bota bags or wine skins
- Alcoholic beverages or illegal drugs
- Glass bottles or aluminum cans
- Laser pointers (will be confiscated & patron is subject to ejection)
- Ice chest sized coolers larger than 12" x 17"
- Recording devices (audio, video or cameras as restricted by show)
- Any weapon or item construed as a weapon such as guns, knives, sticks, fireworks or firearms
- Bullhorns or noise makers
- Framed backpacks
- Lawn chairs
Follow Backbeat on Twitter: @westword_music