The 4/20 party list: Where to get your, ahem, green on at shows this holiday weekend
This Saturday is poised to be the most celebrated day in our state's history, what with it being the first 4/20 since Amendment 64 was passed and all. Some of music's most heralded indulgers are being shipped in just to help the local stoners celebrate in style, from Slightly Stoopid and Cypress Hill at Red Rocks to Method and Red chillin' at Cervantes'. Whether you partake or not, we have a full list of shows, 4/20-related and not. Keep reading to see what all your options are this weekend. (Oh, and if we missed anything, please feel free to let us know.)
- Raekwon's thoughts on storytelling in hip-hop
- Slightly Stoopid's Miles Doughty on playing at Red Rocks on 4/20 and couch-lock ganja
- A 4/20 playlist from marijuana critic William Breathes that's perfect for an irie 420
FRIDAY, APRIL 19
- 21st Annual Microbreweries for the Environment: With Juno What?!, 8 p.m., $22/$24. Boulder Theater, 2032 14th St., Boulder.
- AraabMuzik: 9 p.m., $15/$17. Fox Theatre, 1128 13th St., Boulder, 303-443-3399, www.foxtheatre.com.
- Dilated Peoples: 9 p.m., $20/$25. Cervantes' Masterpiece Ballroom, 2637 Welton St., Denver, 303-297-1772, www.cervantesmasterpiece.com.
- The Flobots: With Chris Karns f.k.a. DJ Vajra, 9 p.m., $24.20-$35. Aztlan Theatre, 974 Santa Fe Drive, Denver, 303-573-0188.
- Flosstradamus: 9 p.m., $25. Beta, 1909 Blake St., Denver, 303-383-1909, www.betanightclub.com.
- Hieroglyphics: With Archnemesis, 8 p.m., $20.
- Incredibowl's 420 Extravaganja: With DJ Premier and Raekwon, 8:30 p.m., $20-$30. HoodLab Colorado, 3354 Larimer St., Denver.
Keep reading for a rundown of Saturday's 4/20 shows.