Win two tickets to the opening night of GABF! (Updated with winners)
Updated: Congratulations to Curt Von Feldt and fatj, who have each won two tickets to opening night of GABF! Check your email for information on how to claim your tickets. To the rest of you: Keep reading. We'll be giving out more tickets in the coming weeks. (And continue through for the winning haikus.)
Hops heads at last year's fest.
Curt Von Feldt:
Sweat down her long neck
I craved her with all my soul
I've a thing for blondes
Beer Mecca beckons.
This heathen hath no ticket...
Westword the savior?
Original post: It was all such a blur. Within 45 minutes of their release on August 2, every ticket for the Annual booze-a-palooza that is the Great American Beer Festival had sold out. All of them. While some dreams were achieved, others were dashed. Plans were changed. Beers were poured out in small moments of silence. (We can't verify any of that.) But if you were one of those who barely missed the mark on getting your own tickets, don't fret: Westword has extras to the first night on Thursday, October 11 at the Colorado Convention Center, and we'd love to give them to you.
Keep reading for how to get your hands on them. (Spoiler: It requires a haiku.)
- Updated: The Great American Beer Festival 2012 calendar of awesome events
- The Great American Beer Festival is sold out, but these hot events around it aren't...yet
- Five new things to look for at the 2012 Great American Beer Festival
For your chance to win tickets:
1. "Like" us on Facebook, which you can do right here. (Note: If you're already following us on Facebook, you're already awesome and eligible to enter; proceed to step two.)
2. Sign in to our commenting system, Livefyre, and leave us a comment below with your name (you don't have to include your real name in your account login, just your comment) a valid e-mail address and an original beer haiku. Then check back Monday morning to see if you've won.
3. Sit back and relax. We'll read over the poetry, select a winner and contact that lucky person via email -- and in this blog post, of course.
4. Keep reading: We'll have more opportunities to win as GABF looms closer.