Tell us your first beer memory to win GABF tickets (updated with winners)
Hop heads at last year's fest.
Update: Congratulations to 94cubuff and Teresa Burwell! You have each won two tickets. To everyone else, thanks for writing in: This was one of our toughest contests in a while.
Original post: It was all such a blur. Within 45 minutes of their release on August 2, every ticket to the annual booze-a-palooza that is the Great American Beer Festival had sold out. All of them. While some dreams were achieved, others were dashed. But if you were one of the unfortunates who didn't get tickets, don't fret: Westword has extras to the first night of GABF on Thursday, October 11, at the Colorado Convention Center, and we'd love to give them to you.
If you want to get your hands on them, keep reading. (Spoiler: It requires some deep beer thoughts.)
- Updated: The Great American Beer Festival 2012 calendar of awesome events
- The Great American Beer Festival is sold out, but these hot events around it aren't...yet
- Five new things to look for at the 2012 Great American Beer Festival
For your chance to win tickets:
1. "Like" us on Facebook, which you can do right here. (Note: If you're already following us on Facebook, you're already awesome and eligible to enter; proceed to step two.)
2. Sign in to our commenting system, Livefyre, and leave a comment below telling us about your first time drinking beer, along with your name (you don't have to include your real name in your account login, just your comment) and a valid e-mail address. Then check back Wednesday to see if you've won.