Vegan French toast for a breakfast delight on Meatless Monday
It's the time of year when the chill makes you want to snuggle up in bed and stay there forever. One way to guarantee you'll get up is a hot, sweet breakfast -- like French toast. We like to use actual French bread for this recipe...you'll see why once you try it.
This recipe was adapted from the Betty Crocker French toast, but that one isn't vegan, so we tweaked it.
- Vegan pancakes for a fast and delicious breakfast on Meatless Monday
- Vegan blueberry muffins with lemon for a breakfast treat on Meatless Monday
- Vegan banana walnut muffins for breakfast on Meatless Monday
You will need:
1 loaf French bread
3 tablespoons egg replacement powder (equivalent of 3 eggs)
7-8 tablespoons water (use a little less than the egg-replacement package instructions)
3/4 cup milk
1 tablespoon sugar
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
1/8 teaspoon salt
Vegan butter for the griddle
Preheat a griddle or skillet over medium-high heat. Grease with some vegan butter.
1. Place the egg replacement powder and the water in a bowl and whisk until creamy.
Add the milk, sugar, vanilla and salt and whisk until blended.
2. Slice the French bread into thick slices.