Roasted Brussels sprouts for a simple side dish on Meatless Monday
One of the biggest misconceptions about vegan food is that it requires a bunch of weird ingredients to make something taste good -- as well as a lot of time and complicated steps. This dish will show how untrue that is. It's quick, easy and will give you a whole new appreciation for Brussels sprouts; we adapted it from Vegan With a Vengeance.
- White beans and kale with parsnips on Meatless Monday
- Traditional potato salad, vegan-style, for a cookout side dish on Meatless Monday
- Vegan Caesar salad for a substantial serving of greens on Meatless Monday
You will need:
1 pound Brussels sprouts
2-4 tablespoons olive oil
3-4 cloves garlic
1-2 teaspoons coarse sea salt
Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
1. Rinse the Brussels sprouts and cut them in half, cutting off the bottom as well.
You'll have a big pile of them when you're finished.
2. Place the Brussels sprouts in a rimmed baking dish (or casserole dish, in this case) and drizzle with olive oil, tossing until they are coated. Roast for ten minutes.