Curried quinoa with peas for a quick protein fix on Meatless Monday
"Where do you get your protein?" is one of the questions most often asked vegetarians and vegans. Beans, nuts, seeds and other such foods is the answer, and quinoa is one of our favorites. This grain-like food is a complete protein, making it a fantastic meat replacement. Try it with this recipe adapted for speed from Moosewood Restaurant New Classics.
- Southwestern-style quinoa salad for a lunchtime protein punch on Meatless Monday
- Quinoa-cranberry muffins with almond flour for a protein-packed breakfast on Meatless Monday
- Quinoa stir-fry with pineapple and cashews for Meatless Monday
You will need:
1 cup quinoa
2-3 tablespoons oil
8-10 pearl onions
1/2 teaspoon ginger
pinch cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon turmeric
1/2 teaspoon coriander
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 3/4 cups water
1 cup frozen green peas
1. Rinse the quinoa in a fine sieve and set aside.
2. Peel the onions and cut them in half.
Heat the oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat.