Ginger cookies for a holiday dessert on Meatless Monday
If you're looking for something to bring to the office for the holidays -- and you work with people who don't eat animal products -- these vegan ginger cookies are a quick, easy solution. Softer than gingersnaps but with a similar bite imparted by the distinctive root, they're a great balance between sweet and savory. And as an added bonus, no one would ever guess they were vegan. The recipe was adapted for altitude from Vegan with a Vengeance.
- Vegan pumpkin spice bread with chocolate chips for a sweet treat on Meatless Monday
- Vegan peanut butter cookies for your sweetheart on Meatless Monday
- Vegan chocolate-chip cookies for dessert on Meatless Monday
You will need:
1/4-1/3 cup of sugar (coarse sugar is good, but regular sugar will work, too)
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 1/2 teaspoons ginger
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 cup grapeseed oil
1/4 cup molasses
1/4 cup coconut milk
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and trim parchment paper to fit two baking sheets.
1. Put the sugar in a small bowl.
2. Place the flour, baking soda, salt, ginger, cinnamon and cloves in another bowl.
Whisk until thoroughly combined.