Vegan chocolate cupcakes for an easy dessert on Meatless Monday
This time of year, it's all about the baked goods -- so what's a plant-based eater to do? Make your own, of course. These chocolate cupcakes are super-easy and suitable for any occasion.
- Vegan zucchini bread for a sweet seasonal treat on Meatless Monday
- Chocolate-chip vegan scones for a breakfast treat on Meatless Monday
- Vegan carrot cake for a fancy dessert on Meatless Monday
This recipe was adapted for altitude from The Joy of Vegan Baking.
You will need:
1 3/4 cups flour
3/4 cups sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/3 cup oil
1 tablespoon distilled vinegar
1 cup cold water
powdered sugar to top
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and lightly oil a muffin tin.
1. Place the flour, sugar, salt, baking soda and cocoa powder in a large bowl.
Mix until thoroughly combined.
2. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients.