Jorel Pierce a semi-finalist for James Beard Rising Star; four more Denver chefs make the cut
Jorel Pierce may have gotten bumped from Top Chef early, but the exec chef at Euclid Hall made the cut for Rising Star Chef of the Year. And Frank Bonanno of Bonanno Concepts (Mizuna, Luca D'Italia, Osteria Marco, et. al.) is again on the list for Outstanding Restaurateur.
- Exclusive: Leigh Sullivan announces the new troop of Denver FIVE chefs: Selby, Yontz, Pierce, Kleinman and Morrison
- Chef and Tell with Jorel Pierce
- Chef and Tell with Frank Bonanno
- Chef and Tell with Alex Seidel
- Chef and Tell with Mac Mackissock
- Chef and Tell with Jennifer Jasinski
And in the Best Chef: Southwest category, Jennifer Jasinski of Rioja (and Bistro Vendome and Euclid), Max Mackissock of Squeaky Bean (who also happens to be Jasinski's husband) and Alex Seidel of Fruition are among the twenty semi-finalists.
The 2013 James Beard Foundation finalists will be announced on Monday, March 18. In the meantime, read the full list of James Beard semi-finalists here.