Curried tomato soup with coconut milk for a warm-up on Meatless Monday
The weather can't seem to make up its mind whether it's winter or spring, but this soup (inspired by the soup you'll frequently find at WaterCourse Foods) is good no matter what the temperature is outside. The curry and spices add a little heat, and the coconut milk smooths that out while balancing the acidity of the tomatoes. Best of all, it's fast and easy (but you'll need a blender!).
- Dairy-free cream of broccoli soup for a warm-up on Meatless Monday
- Split-pea soup to help chase away winter for Meatless Monday
- Homemade mock chicken stock for a kitchen staple on Meatless Monday
You will need:
3 tablespoons olive oil
3 small onions
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon curry powder
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon coriander
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
2 28-ounce cans whole tomatoes
3 cups water
1 14-ounce can coconut milk
1. Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat.
2. Peel and thinly slice the onion.
Add the onion and the salt to the heated oil.