Vegan vanilla cupcakes with strawberry icing for a springtime treat on Meatless Monday
Springtime is fleeing fast, so before it gets too hot to even think about turning on the oven, whip up some of these fluffy, sweet vanilla cupcakes, and top them off with strawberry frosting.
- Vegan peanut butter cookies for your sweetheart on Meatless Monday
- Vegan chocolate cupcakes for an easy dessert on Meatless Monday
- Vegan pumpkin spice bread with chocolate chips for a sweet treat on Meatless Monday
You will need:
2 cups flour
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup plus 2 tablespoons coconut milk
1/2 cup safflower oil
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 tablespoon white vinegar
1/2 cup vegan butter
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
2 tablespoons strawberry jelly
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line a muffin tin with paper cups.
1. Place the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large bowl; whisk together until thoroughly combined.
2. In a smaller bowl, put one cup of the coconut milk, the safflower oil, the vanilla extract and the vinegar.
Mix until thoroughly blended.