Vegan lemon-blueberry scones for a Meatless Monday baking project
With blueberries in season and bright, bold lemons in the stores, today is a perfect time to bake a big batch of delectable, lemon-blueberry scones. You'll have breakfast to-go for the rest of the week!
- Vegan coffee cake for a morning pick-me-up on Meatless Monday
- Vegan blueberry muffins with lemon for a breakfast treat on Meatless Monday
- Vegan pancakes for a fast and delicious breakfast on Meatless Monday
You will need:
1 tablespoon egg replacer (equivalent of 1 egg)
3 tablespoons water
2 1/2 cups flour plus extra
1/3 cup sugar plus extra
4 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup nondairy butter (you know how we feel about Earth Balance brand!)
1 cup fresh blueberries
1 teaspoon lemon extract
1/2 cup nondairy milk plus extra (we used soy; coconut or almond milk are also good choices)
1. Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Zest the two lemons and set aside for later.
Rinse the blueberries while you're at it.