Update: Oskar Blues Liquids and Solids to reopen for lunch today

oskarblues-solids-liquids.jpg
Oskar Blues Liquids and Solids was closed yesterday after noxious fumes sickened multiple employees during lunch service on Sunday. But management quickly found the source of the problem and is re-opening the Longmont restaurant today at 11 a.m. "Our first priority was the safety of our employees and guests," says Oskar Blues spokesman Chad Melis. "After that, we were able to fix the problem."

See also: Oskar Blues Liquids and Solids evacuated after employees sickened; restaurant remains closed

Melis credits a quick response by the Longmont Fire Department, Longmont Fire HAZMAT Team and Longmont Police Department with preventing more serious problems and minimizing exposure to fumes that Chief of Fire Services Jerrod Vanlandingham believes emanated from a defective water heater that was attempting to light repeatedly.

According to the company, the needed repairs were made to the malfunctioning water heater and the business was cleared to re-open by Longmont officials. No employees or customers were exposed to chemicals during the problem.

"We're taking every precautionary measure to ensure the safety of our family of employees and guests. We're going to be proactive to ensure we continue to provide a great restaurant experience for our community." says restaurant co-owner Jason Rogers.

Although nine employees were examined for minor symptoms and another eight underwent precautionary observations at Longmont United Hospital and the Good Samaritan Medical Center, all were discharged by 7 p.m. Sunday evening.



Location Info

Oskar Blues Liquids and Solids

1555 S. Hover Road, Longmont, CO

Category: General


Sponsor Content

My Voice Nation Help
0 comments

Now Trending

From the Vault

 

Loading...