The Westword.com blog shortcut, October 15 edition
Today in Cafe Society:
• A Wynkoop Brewing Co. essay contest, timed to commemorate the joint's twentieth anniversary.
• Oskar Blues' Obama-centric poster for Dale's Pale Ale.
• A review of Las Tortas that finds the eatery to be muy authentico.
• A women-only wine tasting at Rioja.
Today in Backbeat Online:
• Rachel Pollard's Fascination Street, which takes a Cure-centric view of tonight's presidential debate.
• A Q&A with Tammy Ealom, who fronts Backbeat profile subject Dressy Bessy.
• An archival look at Westword's very first Dressy Bessy feature, from 1998.
Today in The Latest Word:
• Joe Tone's smackdown of nine-year-old "girl talk" author Alec Greven.
• An entertaining Q&A with author (and voice of The Incredibles' Violet Parr!) Sarah Vowell.
• An early take on W., Oliver Stone's George W. Bush biopic.
• A behind-the-scenes look at supporters of Amendment 47.
• Our choices for the ten-worst graffiti crew names in Denver. Say it, don't spray it. -- Michael Roberts