The Westword.com blog shortcut, October 21 edition
Reading is fun-da-mental.
Today in Cafe Society:
• Counting up the cash Jesse Morreale paid for the 1st Avenue Hotel.
• Westword restaurant-reviewing alum John Kessler shares memories of brew and beaver at the Wynkoop Brewing Co.
• A free booze offer at Highlands Asian Grill.
• The closure of Barron's Bar & Bistro.
• Jason Sheehan talks about swimming in gluttony at Jax Fish House.
• Theörie, located in the old Real World: Denver space, stops serving food.
Today in The Latest Word:
• Words about last night's Broncos blowout that don't start with "F."
• A true tale of Denver boot-ing.
• The link between Bob Beauprez, robo-calls and The Solidarity Institute.
• Behind the scenes at KS-107.5's exclusive Barack Obama interview.
• A look at the George W. Bush-John McCain Hug Mobile. Awwwww. -- Michael Roberts