The Westword.com blog shortcut, November 25 edition
Betcha can almost taste that dead bird...
Today in Backbeat Online:
• "Anthem" by Born in the Flood (pictured) climbs One Tree Hill.
• The Flobots score a Music Choice nomination.
• The release of Frank Zappa's Lumpy Money is delayed.
• Thirteen things that took less time than Guns N' Roses' Chinese Democracy. Sneak preview: Number one is "Jesus Christ dying and returning from the grave."
Today in Cafe Society:
• Thanksgiving Dinner Fantasy Draft: What dishes would you pick?
• Critical picks on Thanksgiving Day.
• Put the turkey in the basket, or else it gets the hose again...
• They're not thanking heaven for this 7-Eleven.
• A Beer and Cheer taste of Celebration Ale.
Today in The Latest Word:
• The Jet Pack Man does it Jetsons style over the Royal Gorge.
• Today's Denver Post headline provides red meat for the liberal-bias crowd.
• Fort Lupton's punishment-by-Barry Manilow judge gets more national face time.
• Kenny Be's latest idea for a GLBT holiday keepsake: Precious Homos.
• Marilyn Musgrave's epic pout continues. And may it never end. -- Michael Roberts