The Westword.com blog shortcut, November 5 edition
You've got questions. Our blogs have answers.
Today in Backbeat Online:
• A revealing Q&A with k.d. lang.
• A live review of Metallica at the Pepsi Center.
• Getting to know former Pavement frontman Stephen Malkmus.
• A vintage Pavement profile that hinted at the breakup to come.
• A conversation with a rising Denver band called the Overcasters.
• An in-depth chat with Marnie Stern.
• 3Oh!3 adds a second show to an Ogden Theatre gig in January.
• Horse premiers a new video.
• Remembering Westword's endorsement of... George Clinton?
Today in Cafe Society:
• The sweet, sweet taste of Buchi's Cuban coffee.
• A vote for Jimmy John's Gourmet Sandwiches.
• A rocky claim from Wicked Gardens.
• A reminder to frequent little hole-in-the-wall spots... like Yoisho.
Today in The Latest Word:
• Focus on the Family implies that Barack Obama is a pagan.
• No Republican is safe -- not even Carol Chambers.
• Colorado voters make their voices heard at the ballot box -- and on YouTube.
• Colorado-based pro-Palin blogger Adam Brickley has his eyes on a new prize.
• O no-no's: ten things black people shouldn't do to celebrate Obama's victory. Wesley Snipes won't like the sound of number four. -- Michael Roberts