The Westword.com blog shortcut, November 11 edition
Join us as we salute blogging veterans -- and the other kind, too.
Today in Cafe Society:
• Rounding up a third edition of Davies Chuck Wagon Diner.
• Could Denver's Daniel Young wind up cooking at the White House?
• El Viva Villa Mexican restaurant moves into the old Mee Yee Lin space.
• The man behind Buenos Aires Grill branches out in Aspen.
• What's cooking at the Colorado Department of Agriculture?
• Wishing a happy birthday to Dubbel Dutch.
• Amici's Pizzeria is taking over the old Gemini.
• Experiencing hog heaven at Big Papa's BBQ.
Today in Backbeat Online:
• A wild slideshow of Mickey Avalon, Dirt Nasty and Beardo at the Ogden Theatre.
• Park Pourbaix gets the MP3 Freeloader treatment.
• Offering up a free download of a song by the Widowers.
• The Dave Matthews Band plans to release a set from the Mile High Music Festival.
Today in The Latest Word:
• Matt Holliday and the Rockies' case of premature ejaculation.
• Secondhand Sartorialism's TaRosa Jacobs asks, "Can't we all just get along?"
• Denver Council signs off on the most expensive cookbook ever.
• The Colorado Independent is downsizing but not disappearing.
• Outgoing 9News anchor Bob Kendrick unloads on a Rocky Mountain News article during a college appearance. Look out below. -- Michael Roberts