The Westword.com blog shortcut, November 19 edition
The hits just keep on comin'.
Today in Backbeat Online:
• The Fray is previewing new songs live at Snow Daze in Vail.
• Talking golf and rock in a Q&A with Dead Confederate's Hardy Morris.
• Apollo Sunshine's Sam Cohen gets the Backbeat Q&A treatment, too.
• Checking out A Shoreline Dream's video short.
• Guns N' Roses' Chinese Democracy album leaks. Axl Rose can't be stoked.
• Speaking of Chinese Democracy, Chuck Klosterman votes "yes."
Today in Cafe Society:
• Merle's may occupy a former garage, but it's no greasy spoon.
• Beatrice & Woodsley is a real trip.
• Paris Wine Bar offers an all-day happy hour "Recession Menu."
• The most famous line cook at HoJo's: Jacques Pepin.
Today in The Latest Word:
• Longmont Times-Call employees are invited to serve as valets at the owners' Christmas party.
• Welcome to the Mile High City, Saggy-Boob Electric Penis.
• Could Wayne Allard actually be a good CSU chancellor?
• TV host Aaron Harber on why he should be Colorado's next Secretary of State.
• A Q&A with Matt Wolf, director of Wild Combination: A Portrait of Arthur Russell.
• Joe Principe's standoff with the cops ends badly. As all too many standoffs do. -- Michael Roberts