The Westword.com blog shortcut, November 20 edition
Let it blog, let it blog, let it blog.
Today in Cafe Society:
• Try the $1,000 martini at Capital Grille.
• The Cooler is very cool.
• Shazam! Shazz Cafe suddenly appears.
• Veggie Girl has a happy hour at Dazzle.
• The naked truth about the Partida Tequila Dinner at Lola.
• Tyler Nemkov burns up over bad bacon.
• Tocabe is coming to northwest Denver.
Today in Backbeat Online:
• Operation: World Domination continues for 3Oh!3.
• The hi-dive celebrates its fifth year of being awesome.
• Thanks to You serves a Cup O' Beard to Jay Leno.
• Marty Jones returns to the state with new songs.
• Zombie Hate Brigade's awesome micro-epic "I Wanna Put my JUNK in Stacy."
• Free Negativland shows at CU's Old Main Theatre.
Today in The Latest Word:
• The shock of discovering that my dog is a Republican.
• A Nugget dancer's nuggets stump play-by-play guy Chris Marlowe.
• An update on the Joe Principe standoff.
• Who cares if Jay Cutler is playing better -- bring back Jake Plummer!
• Denver Post and 9News vet Amy Herdy's journalistic mission to Pakistan. Have notebook, will travel. -- Michael Roberts