The Westword.com blog shortcut, December 1 edition
New blogs for a new month.
Today in Backbeat Online:
• Live reviews of Will Swindler's Elevenet (pictured) at Dazzle, plus Boyz II Men at the Ogden Theatre, Wetlands, Monofog and more at the Larimer Lounge, Baby Birds Don't Drink Milk and friends at Rhinocerpolis, and Yeasayer at the Bluebird Theater.
• Eric Eyl's Mile High Makeout gets fresh.
• Distrakt is a hit on YouTube.
• The Procussions still know how to rock a stage.
• The Pirate Signal offers up a mixtape for download.
Today in Cafe Society:
• Start December with dinner out at Boulder's Black Cat.
• A Milking It critique of Peanut Butter Cookie Crisp.
• CityGrille gets a crash course.
• C.R.E.A.M. skims the surface in Cherry Creek.
• Root Down is still putting down roots in northwest Denver.
• So long Cafe Cero, welcome Open Tap & Grill.
• A venue called Venue opens in Highlands.
• A Beer and Cheer taste of Winter Warlock. Is it succulent or suck-u-lent?
Today in The Latest Word:
• Black Friday in a bleak economy is no big deal.
• With a test for sports genes, overbearing parents can get an early start.
• Boulder's Milk boycott missed one thing: Milk.
• Ernie Bjorkman's transition from anchorman to vet technician makes the New York Times.
• Should Broncos fans start making Super Bowl plans? Hold your horses... Haven't we learned our lesson by now? -- Michael Roberts