The Westword.com blog shortcut, December 2 edition
Peruse these, won't you?
Today in Cafe Society:
• Health magazine declares DIA to be the fifth greenest airport in all the land.
• Rooting around Root Down.
• Cooking for a cause at the Ice House.
• Cafe Bisque loses half its name.
• The skinny on Fat Sully's grand opening.
• Alaskan Winter Ale gets the Beer and Cheer treatment.
• The Boulderado through the ages.
Today in Backbeat Online:
• The Fucked Up frontman name-drops Bum Kon.
• A Hot IQs update.
• Matt Fecher launches New Music Monday at the Larimer Lounge.
• Eric Eyl's Mile High Makeout takes on guns and butter.
Today in The Latest Word:
• Could the end of election season make Dan Caplis listenable again?
• Dean Singleton's outsourcing ideas are taken to their logical conclusion.
• The Downtown Aquarium is unequipped to deal with piranha attacks or a reporter's questions.
• Marilyn Musgrave angrily concedes defeat -- sort of.
• Taco Bell's free taco deal goes from a hit to a brick. It's crunch-time. -- Michael Roberts