The Westword.com blog shortcut, December 8 edition
What just happened? This stuff.
Today in Cafe Society:
• Steuben's toasts the end of Prohibition -- 75 years ago.
• A Milking It review of Eggo Maple Syrup Cereal.
• Beer and Cheer sucks down Big Shot Seasonal Ale.
• New York restaurants are snowed by ski-lodge style.
• But wait! There are restaurants in actual Colorado ski lodges!
• Chris Golub dives into the Swimclub/El Camino switch.
Today in The Latest Word:
• The truth about the Downtown Aquarium's poorly confined piranhas.
• The long silence of Matthew Murray's parents.
• Rush Limbaugh and Peter Boyles see ideology behind the Rocky Mountain News' troubles.
• Mark Cuban's HDNet is finally available on Comcast in Denver.
• The Sports Column's Invesco shuttle: a drunk, lazy Broncos fan's dream. Aside from beating Kansas City handily instead of barely, that is. -- Michael Roberts