The Westword.com blog shortcut, December 18 edition
Welcome to blog central.
Today in Cafe Society:
• Jax turns twelve with a dozen deals.
• La Chaumiere bids au revoir after more than thirty years.
• Up for auction: French 250.
• We're rooting for Root Down.
• It's time for a Cricket burger! Free parking today in Cherry Creek North.
• Veggie Girl visits Parisi.
• Phil's Fresh wins a fresh loan from Whole Foods.
Today in Backbeat Online:
• More listing advice from Mile High Makeout's Eric Eyl.
• The top ten indie-rock albums of 2008.
• Rap-Up: 800 the Jewell offers a sneak peek to 2009.
• Beyond Playlist presents Xmas-rated, part two: Reissues and Retreads.
• The Mile High Fidelity playlist for December 17.
• 2008's five most memorable shows.
Today in The Latest Word:
• Win a ski day with Cosmopolitan's 2008 Most Eligible Bachelor.
• UFO zealot thinks extraterrestrials can save the Rocky Mountain News.
• The Denver Post names alleged penis-exposer Michael Garcia as a mayoral candidate.
• Some thoughts on the coming robot apocalypse.
• Westword: All about us. But sure to read the first comment on this post, to find out what a scum-sucking bastard I am. Happy holidays! -- Michael Roberts