The Westword.com blog shortcut, January 6 edition
Now... where were we?
Today in Backbeat Online:
• Apples in Stereo energize Pepsi's new ad campaign.
• Hello Kavita checks in from the studio.
• The new, improved Aubrey Collins.
• Mile High Makeout: My head is spinning.
• Rap-up: DJ Sabotage makes the finals for Scion Hypeman contest.
• Step into the Waybac Machine with Faith No More.
Today in The Latest Word:
• Layoffs aplenty at Westword's fellow Village Voice Media papers.
• Required reading by Amber Taufen, Adam Cayton-Holland and Lisa Rab.
• Some remarks about snarkiness.
• New ski move spotted at Vail: "The Pants-less Hangman."
• Give a hand to our Denver Nuggets-Indiana Pacers slideshow. Carmelo Anthony could use one. -- Michael Roberts