The Westword.com blog shortcut, January 7 edition
Better late than never.
Today in Backbeat Online:
• Vintage Q&A with the late, great Stooges guitarist Ron Asheton.
• Mile High Makeout: Coming home.
• A review of the Fray at the Gothic Theatre.
• Baji wants to announce your calls.
• Femi Kuti cancels Boulder Theater show.
Today in Cafe Society:
• Is it smart to like Subway?
• Quiznos gets grilled in a Denver court.
• The fighting Irish need to learn from the Italians.
• The Berkshire is going bananas over Elvis.
• Riding the Orient Express to Izakaya Den.
Today in The Latest Word:
• Dean Singleton to be honored with 2009 Community Cultural Enrichment Award.
• Good news, Woody Paige: Les Paul isn't dead yet.
• Plug about to be pulled on Channel 2's 5:30 p.m. newscast.
• Layoffs at 5280, too.
• Video: College football commentator spots a Sasquatch in Fort Collins! If the coaches need a kicker, they could do worse than sign up Bigfoot. -- Michael Roberts