The Westword.com blog shortcut, January 26 edition
Look out below! Falling blogs!
Today in Cafe Society:
• Rock, paper, scissors, booze at Nine75.
• Mark & Isabella now open in Belmar.
• Just in time for the Super Bowl, a Milking It review of Cap'n Crunch's Touchdown Crunch.
• Buenos Aires Grill to close.
• Thanasi Foods thinks Bigs with bacon.
• The year of the ox -- and a second Star.
Today in Backbeat Online:
• Live review: Umphrey's McGee at the Fillmore Auditorium.
• Also caught live: The Meat Puppets at the Bluebird Theater.
• Camped out for the Wheel, Bad Weather California and Young Coyotes.
• DeVotchKa in New York and live broadcast in Philly.
• The Fray's new album panned in Rolling Stone.
• So you think you can dance (like MC Hammer)?
Today in The Latest Word:
• Mike Jones demands apology from New Life Church in latest Ted Haggard scandal.
• Channel 4's Gloria Neal rips security at Obama's inauguration.
• Former staffers offer contrasting takes on the Rocky Mountain News's troubles.
• Geek Bowl 2009: The geeks shall inherit the earth, presuming they know the answer.
• Over the Weekend: freaks, geeks and beef. Carve us a slice of all three.