The Westword.com blog shortcut, January 28 edition
Today in Cafe Society:
• Fox restaurants offering crafty deals for winter meals.
• Mozart Bar gets ready for Mozart -- or some piano player.
• Snarf's sub shop opening on Capitol Hill.
• More proof that Democrats will buy anything Obama-related.
• Macaroni Grill closing in Cherry Creek.
• Good news for GoodBelly, if you can stomach it.
Today in Backbeat Online:
• The Heyday: cheap just got cheaper!
• Talking during show: the musicians' perspective.
• Holy crap! Check out the mane on Dave Beegle.
• Nemesys in the studio, film at eleven.
• You're listening to the sound of heartbreak.
Today in The Latest Word:
• Leaked letter reveals deep problems at Denver Post, Denver Newspaper Agency.
• Could proposed Colorado law to ban plastic bags actually end up hurting the environment?
• New Life Church shooting victim speaks out prior to Ted Haggard's media tour.
• Update: No delay in analog-to-digital conversion -- or in problems for some Denver viewers.
• Frontier's economic-stimulus deal's a real cockpit tease. I think there's a dirty joke in that last headline, but I'll be damned if I know where...