The Westword.com blog shortcut, February 12 edition
Welcome. Make yourself at home.
Today in Backbeat Online:
• An evening with Yes tonight at the Paramount is a no-go.
• A time-lapse video of the 2008 Westword Music Showcase.
• Denver DJs representing at NBA All-Star galas in Phoenix.
• Widowers live on the (Internet) radio.
• Rumors of SleeperHorse's demise no longer greatly exaggerated.
• Mile-Hi Fidelity playlist: 02-11-09.
• Hazel Miller serves up the gospel this weekend at Comedy Works South.
Today in The Latest Word:
• Channel 9's Susie Wargin responds to her biggest critic.
• Does the Denver Newspaper Agency want double the previously announced cut?
• Ten other things that should be named for Barack Obama other than Boulder High School.
• Stimulate me: Local panhandlers launch their own bailout appeal.
• Birthday Q&A with Abraham Lincoln -- or as close as we could get. By the way, he didn't really enjoy the play...