The Westword.com blog shortcut, February 16 edition
The mail may not be delivered on President's Day, but the blogging never stops...
Today in Backbeat Online:
• Live review: Obi Best at the Larimer Lounge.
• Live review: Speakeasy, Tiger and AT05 at 1515.
• Live review: DeVotchKa at the Paramount.
• Live review: Murder By Death at the Bluebird.
• Flier of the week: Taun Taun's CD release at the Bluebird.
• Free beer and funky tunes, courtesy of U.S. Pipe and Flying Dog.
• Chuck Potasher to play farewell show, issue new record.
Today in Cafe Society:
• Reclaiming the Baker neighborhood, by blocks and Inches.
• Just a little thing: Correcting a ten-year error at Parisi.
• A Milking It review of Cocoa Pebbles.
• Make a pig of yourself at Merle's.
• Obama visit eats into press time for Denver Restaurant Week.
• Denver's super-secret supper club debuts Wednesday.
• Cure for the common cold: a "souper" review.
Today in The Latest Word:
• Nuggets reps can't outshine JabbaWockeeZ at NBA All-Star Weekend.
• Rocky Mountain News editor John Temple on the future of the paper: "We have no idea."
• At last, the Avs give Mike Haynes something to scream about.
• Jack-FM lays off majority of staff.
• Buzz Geller's Bell Tower faces new hurdle. It's about 34-stories tall.