The Westword.com blog shortcut, February 23 edition
Today in Cafe Society:
• Beerdrinker of the Year: A judge's tale.
• Sexy Pizza's sexy facelift.
• It's Denver Cupcake Week for Lovely Confections Bakery.
• Room for one Pho.
• Oodles of noodles and more news from Jet Entertainment.
• Another round at Katie Mullen's.
• A Milking It review of Jumbo Multi-Grain Krispies. They're big.
Today in Backbeat Online:
• Review: Two Cow Garage at 3 Kings Tavern.
• Dialed In: This week's local-music radio playlists.
• Animo making-of documentary debuts tomorrow.
• DeVotchKa to open for David Byrne at Red Rocks.
• Airborne Toxic Event show postponed.
Today in The Latest Word:
• Slumdog Millionaire's triumph also a victory for the Denver Film Festival.
• Is it Peter Boyles, Peter Boils or Boil Peters?
• Boulder Police Chief Mark Beckner goes national with his pitch to lower the drinking age.
• Kenny Be's Yard Arteology: Anarchitecture.
• Rocky Mountain News' John Temple on whether or not this week will be "boxless." Get your mind out of the gutter.