The Westword.com blog shortcut, February 25 edition
Greetings and salutations.
Today in Backbeat Online:
• Oakhurst on tour and in need of veggie oil.
• Ghost Buffalo gets robbed. May the burglars burn in hell.
• Everything Absent or Distorted (a love story) makes top 20 adds on CMJ.
• Van Morrison revisits perhaps his finest hour, forty years later.
• Need a mid-week pick-me-up? Behold the Band Formerly Known as Prince.
• Beirut grabs top spot at Wax Trax Records.
• Q&A with Photo Atlas.
• The Fray checks in at number three on Billboard 200.
• How much would you pay for a Chris Brown calendar?
Today in Cafe Society:
• Turn on the TV: Top Chef finale tonight.
• Two Spoons to bring soup and gelato to the masses.
• Our Weekly Bread: Cheesesteak Connection.
• Get some Sweet Action on Broadway.
• Auld Dubliner now Marmalade Bar & Cafe.
• In anticipation of the Top Chef finale.
Today in The Latest Word:
• A Denver Post headline asks: Does crack kill -- or does it smell?
• Only in 21st century America: Warring fartlords go to court.
• A former Denver newsman on why America should give Al-Jazeera English a chance
• PBS viewers will soon get the chance to see Denver crumble.
• How much does Anti-Gym's Michael Karolchyk owe to the IRS? Let's just say his wallet isn't looking too chubby these days...