The Westword.com blog shortcut, February 27 edition
This is the world as we know it.
Today in Backbeat Online:
• Last Night's Show: Broken Spindles, Born in the Flood, Iuengliss at hi-dive.
• Last Night's Show: A Shoreline Dream, Moonspeed, Sonnenblume at the Bluebird.
• Last Night's Show: Andrew Bird at the Ogden.
• DJ Vajra rocks Denver Nuggets crowd.
• Scott Davies intervenes in police chase gone bad last night.
Today in Cafe Society:
• Eat, drink and be scary this weekend.
• Candy Girls: IKEA Chocolate Bars.
• Making vanilla to pay the bills: a talk with an ice cream alchemist.
• The Blinking Light grows its own... beef?
Today in The Latest Word:
• News flash: Rocky Mountain News kicks Denver Post's ass one last time.
• The thoughts of one outgoing Rocky Mountain News staffer.
• Finally, proof Boulderites weren't always vegetarians.
• Dude, where's my lawyer? Francis "lawyer rat" Pignatelli officially banned from Colorado courts.
• Shmuck of the Week: Dave Schultheis (again). He's the gift that keeps on giving.