The Westword.com blog shortcut, March 13 edition
This Friday the 13th isn't even remotely scary.
Today in Backbeat Online:
• Meet Danielle Ate the Sandwich, your new favorite singer-songwriter.
• New Heavyweight Dub Champion album features KRS-One, Killah Priest.
• Enjoy 1,200 songs free courtesy of SXSW.
• Freaky Friday: Thru You by Kutiman.
Today in Cafe Society:
• Rock and soul tonight -- with chile and wine.
• Fuel Cafe gases up for extended dinner hours.
• The Arvada Tavern is back in business.
• Candy Girls: Reese's Milk Chocolate Layered Cookies.
• Journalists battle it out over chili.
Today in The Latest Word:
• Medical-marijuana hearing gets delayed as pot-fueled opposition grows.
• Channel 31, the Ward Churchill trial and shrinking TV-news resources.
• The bigger the nuisance, the tougher the fix.
• Channel 2 general manager Dennis Leonard on layoffs, a prime-time shift and the concept behind "The Deuce."
• Shmucks of the Week: McDaniels and Cutler. Go team!