The Westword.com blog shortcut, March 16 edition
Today in Cafe Society:
• Aw, shucks: Jax kicks off oyster week in Denver.
• Kevin Taylor goes for seven.
• A Milking It review of Cookie Crisp cereal.
• Bring out your best (by March 19).
• Something else to learn from the Great Depression.
• Castle Rock gets its goat.
• Colt & Gray, a new gastropub, slated for May.
Today in The Latest Word:
• Layoffs at the Lab and MCA: Job losses in the wake of Adam Lerner appointment.
• Another clue that Jay Cutler's hitting the road.
• Over the Weekend: Who knew so many women wanted to be football stars?
• Highlights from the In Denver Times launch announcement press conference.
• Fowl lovers unite to streamline Denver chicken laws. Although everyone agrees: No cocks.