The Westword.com blog shortcut, March 20 edition
It seems so unfair that I've been stuck inside all day...
Today in Backbeat Online:
• 3OH!3 SXSW tour diary by Kam from Chain Gang of 1974.
• Epilogues SXSW tour diary.
• Overcasters SXSW tour diary.
• How to cope with SXSW withdrawl.
• Last Night: Rachael Pollard at GlobGlobGlob.
• Hip-hop artists Ancient Mith, Calm. document European tour.
• Freaky Friday: "Falconry" and the Ides of March Party .
• The Fray to perform at Mile High Music Festival.
• Beyond Playlist: Lily Allen and more.
Today in Cafe Society:
• Think spring, slurp an oyster.
• Say so long to Blue Spruce Market.
• Candy Girls: Rocky Road Candy Bar.
• Tosh's makes a comeback in Marina Square.
• Our Weekly Bread: Sausage and peppers at Carbone's.
• Three homegrown Mexican chains get new siblings.
Today in The Latest Word:
• The latest impossible-to-believe theory about the Jay Cutler situation.
• Q&A with Party Down star Adam Scott.
• Cartoonists eulogize the Rocky Mountain News, other dying newspapers.
• Fundraising shortfalls at Colorado Public Radio prompt "Campaign of Confidence."
• New installation outside Denver Art Museum: "Giant Scaffolding." Lucky thing they've got that big dustpan nearby, so they can sweep up afterward.