The Westword.com blog shortcut, March 27 edition
Don't make your weekend a weak end.
Today in Backbeat Online:
• The Five Peace Band at the Paramount Theatre.
• Phish at Red Rocks sells out in minutes; fans call bullshit.
• Q&A with David Frederickson of the Prids.
• Freaky Friday: "The Force" Swinging robodisco of the '70s.
Today in Cafe Society:
• Free wine and cheese, and other sweet deals.
• Tony's Market seeking serious foodies.
• Veggie Girl: City, O' City.
• How sweet it is for the Savory Spice Shop.
• V.G. Burgers on the move.
• And pho it goes: One door closes, another opens.
• Candy Girls: Cherry Mash.
Today in The Latest Word:
• Channel 7's Mike Nelson knows better than to interrupt Grey's Anatomy.
• Matthew Rosen arrested for selling meth from his Colfax cigar store.
• Spire: The Toyota Prius of downtown living?
• The mystery of Lou Pai revisited.
• New York Jets' Kerry Rhodes: You can keep your damn Jay Cutler.
• Is Ward Churchill sneaking cigs in the Denver County Courthouse men's room? Smokin'...