The Westword.com blog shortcut, March 30 edition
Today in Cafe Society:
• Fried chicken at White Fence Farm.
• Soup's back on for hospice benefit, and other class acts.
• A Milking It review of LiveActive Nut Harvest Crunch.
• Lenny's Sub Shop now open on Lincoln.
• Coffee Spot: Ink! Coffee.
• Fine pastries at Marczyk's Fine Foods.
Today in Backbeat Online:
• Black Pegasus debuts new video for "Brass Knuckle King."
• Keri Hilson tops Independent Records best sellers list.
• The Decemberists grab top spot at Twist & Shout.
• Love Potion mixes two favorite DJs Friday.
• Dialed In: This week's local music playlists.
Today in The Latest Word:
• ManiaTV! doesn't turn out to be the future after all.
• Denver Post veteran Steve Lipsher learns small-town papers not immune from print-journalism downturn.
• Lou Saban and his half-a-loaf legacy.
• Pete MacKay and Steve Millin out at the Mountain.
• The folks who run Thornton's new half-funeral home, half-wedding chapel sure are nice. Better wed than dead.