The Westword.com blog shortcut, April 8 edition
Here we go...
Today in Backbeat Online:
• Built to Spill, Mudhoney, the Fluid lead the 2009 Westword Music Showcase headliners.
• Q&A with Reggie Youngblood of Black Kids.
• Record Store Day preview: Flight of the Conchords take on a racist dragon.
Today in Cafe Society:
• Fork the recession! Get out and eat!
• Houston's, we have a problem.
• Hit the Sandlot on Opening Day.
• Bacaro making it green and lean.
• So long to the old 3 Sons.
• Primebar snaps up prime chef Max Mackissock.
Today in The Latest Word:
• Should a tofu lover's license plate be rated NC-17? FU...
• What should Joe Nacchio do with his last six days of freedom?
• It's almost 4/20 -- and here comes Mason Tvert.
• Kenny Be's Worst-Case Scenario: Making the switch to digital TV, part 1.
• How could Face the State's "Hottest Politicos" list not include Westword crush object Morgan Carroll? Join the caucus.