The Westword.com blog shortcut, April 13 edition
This town rips the bone from your back.
Today in Backbeat Online:
• Over the Weekend: Bruce Springsteen at Pepsi Center.
• Record Store Day preview: Odds and sods, Blitzen Trapper-style.
• Flobots' Jonny 5 rallies the troops for higher ed.
• Mr. Midas, DJ Quote unite for free Last Man Standing mixtape.
• Neil Young top seller at Twist & Shout.
• Jadakiss tops Independent's best seller list.
Today in Cafe Society:
• If you knew sushi like Casson Trenor knows sushi...
• A Milking It review of Froot Loops with Fruity Golden Bars.
• The Market Report, April 11.
• Down some Liquid Poetry at the Wynkoop.
• Denver's Leopold Bros. distillery gets mad props.
• Parallel Seventeen bids a happy birthday to Buddha.
• Ask the Critic: Where should Guy Fieri eat?
Today in The Latest Word:
• 420 Rally faces some logistical problems, shockingly enough.
• Denver Parks and Recreation on Parks and Recreation.
• Channel 4 to Twitter -- gallbladder surgery?
• Cell-phone story on Channel 4 obliterates line between news, promotion.
• As sad season ends, Colorado Avalanche fall off fan radar. That's cold...